Superintendent of the
It is the mission of the Chicopee Public Schools to maintain high standards and expectations for all students by involving teachers, parents, and community in the education of our students. The Chicopee Public Schools will reflect a climate in which staff, parents, and the community foster on-going growth and change necessary to provide students with the knowledge, skills, and values they will need to lead meaningful lives.
School District Goals
1. Increase the Composite Performance Index (CPI) for each schools aggregate and subgroups in English Language Arts and Mathematics yearly.
2. Every effort will be made to obtain highly-qualified staff. Professional Development is targeted to increase student achievement and staff skills.
3. Continuously improve district-wide effectiveness and efficiency in personnel, administrative, fiscal, and student service process.
4. Increase the percent of students graduating from high school while maintaining or decreasing the dropout rate. All graduates will be prepared for success in the 21st century world.
5. Provide safe, clean, orderly, learner-centered environments.
Letter to Parents Regarding Canine Searches
Dear Parent or Guardian:
I am writing to notify you that the Chicopee Public Schools will be participating in the Massachusetts State Police program of canine searches for illegal substances. The goal of the canine searches is to keep drugs out of school and to ensure a safe learning environment for our students. These searches will be limited to middle schools and high schools at this time.
At least one canine search, and possibly more, will occur each school year on a random basis.
All searches will be initiated by and conducted by school personnel with the assistance of state and local police. Students and staff will be moved to a designated area of the building during the search. The state police will not participate in any follow up procedures in the event that illegal substances are found in the search. The Chicopee Police Department and the Hampden County District Attorney’s office will determine what actions will be taken in the event that illegal substances are discovered.
Thank you for your anticipated support of this safety measure.
Richard W. Rege, Jr.
Superintendent of Schools